In 1956, the Camp Ministry was launched in Estes Park, Colorado. It continues to be one of the most effective ministries of FCA. Over the years, different camp types have emerged as effective strategies to minister to coaches and athletes, but the successful principle established in 1956 remains the same- to create an athletic environment that produces spiritual transformation in the lives of coaches and athletes in a camp setting.
Why FCA Camp?
FCA Camp takes the best attributes of an athletic-focused camp and a spiritual-focused camp and combines them into an athletic/spiritual experience like none other. FCA Camp removes athletes and coaches from the rut and routine of their sport, friends/co-workers and community and places them into an exciting, healthy, athletic environment that allows them to pursue their passion for sport and clearly see and hear the Christ’s passion for them.
Who Can go to Camp?
FCA Camp provides a week to remember for student-athletes at all levels. Check the type of camp you are interested in attending, and then verify the ages offered for that camp.
FCA provides camps for coaches to be spiritually, relationally and professionally refreshed.
Types of FCA Camps
1. Sports Camp – “Training the Total Athlete.” Develops athletes mentally, physically, and spiritually.
2. Leadership Camp – “Building Effective Leaders.” Trains athletes to be spiritual leaders in their personal lives, on their teams and on their campuses.
3. Coaches Camp – “Connecting Coaches to Christ.” Challenges coaches in their faith and family life.
4. Power Camp – “Laying the Groundwork.” Develops young athletes in their faith and sport.
5. Partnership Camp – “Common Mission.” Works with other ministries and organizations to do sports ministry.
6. Team Camp – “Strengthening the Bond.” Equips teams with spiritual principles through competition.
7. International Camp – “Worldwide Impact.” Reaches athletes around the world.
Who leads FCA Camps?
FCA Camp Staff
Our Camp Staff is simply the best! Our 4,000-plus instructional staff has been carefully selected and consists of FCA staff, current collegiate and high school coaches, professional athletes and current and former college athletes. They bring years of coaching and performance experience to FCA Camps and serve as role models for campers both on and off the field of competition. Every camp is led by certified FCA staff that are committed to the youth of America. Each director has been trained and certified as an FCA Camp leader, and collectively they provide years of FCA Camp leadership experience.
FCA Huddle Leaders/Counselors
Huddle Leaders are college student-athletes that work directly with a small group of campers. Each Huddle Leader is carefully hand-picked by the Huddle Leader Coordinator, through careful screening, which includes an in-depth application process with references. Each Huddle leader is trained to become a certified FCA Camp Leader and is dedicated to Christ, not only at camp, but in their everyday lives. Once selected, these leaders take part in a two-day, on-site training program in addition to the preparation work they do before arriving at camp.
Find a Camp Near You!
Check out the camps website at www.fcacamps.org to find a camp in your local area.